Over four years of podcasting together, and I finally got KC to read a Discworld book – in fact, it was kind of her idea! After a quick catchup on life, we give a general introduction to the Discworld and then a short summary of Guards! Guards! (Discworld #8, Watch #1), before sounding our spoiler alert and diving a little deeper.
We talk about Pratchett’s writing style (including the undercurrent of anger that is often noted by readers), dialogue, and humor; gender representation in the Watch; our favorite characters, scenes, and quotes; and the sticky subject of cover art. KC sprinkles in some of her dream casting for a non-existent film adaptation, I share some thoughts about cosplaying a character from a book, we discuss the possible TV series adaptation, and we read part of a review from Anomaly staffer Michele.
There are soooo many links below to additional content and other things we reference, and they are listed in the order I jotted them down while editing the podcast.
Download the episode now>>
Main top begins in 10:25, Spoilers begin at 23:45
Things we promised to link to
Other books we mentioned
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Where’s My Cow? (Discworld #34.5) by Terry Pratchett
- Wyrd Sisters (Discworld #6) by Terry Pratchett
- Maskerade (Discworld #18) by Terry Pratchett
- Monstrous Regiment (Discworld #31) by Terry Pratchett
- Hogfather (Discworld #20) by Terry Pratchett
- The Art of Discworld by Terry Pratchett and Paul Kidby
- The Myth Series” by Robert Asprin
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams